Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mother's Day Out!

My little girl started mother's day out today! The name of her "school" is My School. How original! I wanted to put her in "school" when she turned three which was just last week. It started at 9. We took all the obligatory photos. We (David Anthony and myself) dropped her off. She was already into everything in the classroom by the time the teacher, Ms. Tracy, got there. I gave her a quick kiss and off she went... no tears, no "mama, don't leave me", no "I don't want to go". I was secretly hoping for some of that. I went straight to the car for fear I might do/say some of the same things. I shed a quick tear on the way home. It is scary, I don't want her to be bullied or be the bully, I don't want her to make fun of people and I don't want her to be the one getting made fun of. If I am this worried about two days a week what is going to happen when she goes to college?

4 comments:

Judy Borawski said...

It doesn't get any easier. When I saw the size of the campus at Michigan State I nearly cried and said that there is no way my son is going to go there. The ride home after dropping off was the quietist ride ever. You would have thought I dropped him off and would never see him again and I still had another at home. I know how you feel. You and Amanda both seem to be going through momentus times in your lives. Lots of love, hugs and kisses.

Amanda Gregory said...

I can't believe she's so big!!! We will be in NYC before you know it!

Anonymous said...

What a huge step! Congrats on making it with minimal tears being shed on both sides. I hope I do as well when it's Hannah's turn!

Love, Kathy

Amanda said...

Congrats to both of you! It's so scary to think about all those things. God has to provide us with strength we don't know we have to deal with all that will come.

By the way, I love the new minivan! I'm one of those people who said I'd NEVER have one, but I secretly envy those that my friends have.